Build custom integrations with an Open API
Enable your tech stack with robust media library management capabilities.
Ingestion and File Upload
- Ingest and transfer assets from applications into MediaValet
- Simultaneously upload multiple files of any type, size or format
- Programmatically map metadata from third-party applications
- Apply ingestion policies, such as naming convention rules
- Add custom data to make assets discoverable and searchable
Asset Storage and Management
- Extract and store embedded metadata from files on upload
- Provide group and role-based access controls and permissions
- Track and maintain version and revision history
- Enable superior security and privacy with authenticated HTTPS access and access key provisioning
- Perform advanced, faceted search operations
- Apply in-platform or third-party machine learning services for all or a set of assets
Media and image viewing & transformations
- Automatically create multiple renditions of uploaded photos and media, enabling file transformations on demand
- Customize size, resolution and file types for published images, while storing an original file in the library
- Create a video streaming endpoint that you can leverage in HTML5 video players
- Add watermarks to the images that need to be protected
Sharing and distribution
- Efficiently deliver assets of any file size or file type to internal or external users
- Create user-only or public URLs to a collection of assets
- Share and collaborate on specialized files, like 3D and AI
- Insert media libraries into your CMS or web applications, providing search and browsing capabilities
Every function in the MediaValet platform leverages our Open API and is engineered as a collection of microservices. The API can enable any function of MediaValet to be built into company’s platforms, leveraging DAM functionality at any point along the asset life cycle.
MediaValet's API is incredibly robust, one of the best ones we've seen developed. We're very optimistic about this partnership and what our companies will be able to accomplish together.
The MediaValet API allows developers to create code to execute all capabilities currently available within the MediaValet portal.
- API Portal/Home Page
- Authentication Model: OAuth 2
- Architectural Style: REST
- Supported Request Formats: URI Query String/CRUD
- Supported Response Formats: JSON
Onboarding and Training
Ensure you have access to an existing MediaValet library before you register for a Developer Account. This means you need to be an existing customer, or a partner. If you do not have access to an existing MediaValet library, please contact us here. Alternatively, MediaValet partners, or companies interested in partnering, can send an email to [email protected]
To create a new Developer Account please register here. Our Support Team will reach out to you for verification purposes and then will activate your account. By default you’ll be provided with the Developer Plan. If your volume of API calls is high and the Developer Plan is insufficient, you may request to use the Enterprise Plan. API documentation will be provided by MediaValet Support as part of your Developer Account approval.
Once your account has been approved, you will see your subscription keys under your profile. Approval takes approximately one to two days, upon receipt of additional information and verification. Please note, you will need administrator permissions in your MediaValet account to use the API.
See the MediaValet Open API in Action Now!
Book a demo and let us show you how the MediaValet Open API can benefit you and your team.