Last Updated: November 19, 2014
MediaValet Inc. and its affiliates (MediaValet) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit MediaValet ’s website located a mediavalet.com which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the web, desktop, and mobile applications that MediaValet makes available from time to time (the “Applications”); and
- use the MediaValet services including the MediaValet portal and other MediaValet products and services (the “Products”).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Products together the “Services”.
Personal information we may collect and use
i) Registration and Subscribed Users
When you first register for a MediaValet account we collect some personal information about you such as:
- your full name, username, and email address
- your password, in connection with your account and your log-in facility
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
- other optional information as part of your account profile
MediaValet uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
By submitting information to MediaValet when registering, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
ii) Collection of Personal Information Submitted Voluntarily
MediaValet may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. MediaValet may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Services. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties.
System and device information
MediaValet automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform when using the Services, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as “traffic data”). We may link this traffic data to your unique MediaValet user ID to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of our Services, and better understand and market to our customers and website users.
MediaValet also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use our Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the Services. Without these cookies, we wouldn’t be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your MediaValet log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information.
i) Google Analytics
MediaValet uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Analytics for users using the Services. If you are a returning visitor, MediaValet may use Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Services, with a view to offering improvements for all MediaValet users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide MediaValet with any Personal Information.
ii) Google Display Advertising
Additionally, MediaValet uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features MediaValet may use are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow MediaValet and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of MediaValet users and to improve the Services.
MediaValet may also use related technologies including web beacons, bugs, pixels, and software tokens in order to facilitate your use of the Services.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with or by MediaValet;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
We use reasonable efforts to keep any information collected secure. This includes the use of SSL and TLS.
MediaValet uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You can manage your email preferences, such as opting-out or unsubscribing from emails sent by contacting email@example.com. You may also opt out or unsubscribe from any future email communications from within a link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
You can Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by MediaValet for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
© MediaValet Media 2014