Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
See how PanCAN manages its marketing assets in a library that's easily used by non-technical staff and volunteers across the country.
Founded in 1999, the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) attacks the world’s toughest cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy.
Since 2003 to 2017, PanCAN generated a total research investment of over $48M. Their advocacy efforts resulted in President Obama signing legislation into law requiring the National Cancer Institute to develop a scientific framework for pancreatic and other deadly cancers.
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network stored their media assets on corporate servers and personal hard drives that were spread across the United States. With this outdated storage system, along with arbitrary taxonomies and keywords, the marketing team was in need of a more efficient way to manage their digital assets.
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network needed a system that was able to:
- Store thousands of assets, no matter where they were created, into one central library.
- Allow users to search for and find the assets they needed quickly and easily.
- Provide an efficient system for sharing assets with PCAN affiliates.
- Seamlessly scale to meet future storage and use needs.
- Ensure security for all assets and enable a flexible permission structure.
- Offer a cost-effective solution to a non-profit with a large user base.
- Be easy-to-use for the non-technical volunteer staff.
MediaValet eliminated the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s pain points by delivering a solution that:
- Lives in the cloud, making the library easily accessible to anyone that needs assets.
- Scales seamlessly, allowing PCAN to grow as much as they need.
- Ensures enterprise-level security and asset protection.
- Is cost-effective and affordable, with unlimited users.
- Can be used easily by non-technical users.
MediaValet has helped PanCAN to continue its vital work raising funds and awareness to support families facing pancreatic cancer with a DAMS that provides:
- Accessibility: Staff and affiliates can now access assets when they need them, anywhere around the world.
- Streamlined Workflow: Volunteers can find the assets they need, when they need them, without having to ask staff members.
- Structure Permission and Control: The right people can access the right versions of assets with the appropriate usage rights.
- Easy Searching & Sharing: Assets are organized in one central library, where teams can quickly find and share assets, both internally and externally.
“Photos and videos are important tools in our campaign efforts. You can’t look at the faces of a thousand people – all sporting purple T-shirts or carrying purple light wands – see their hope, their determination, and not be moved. We can write reams about their personal journeys, but it’s the pictures that tell their stories.”
Jenny Isaacson, VP, Strategic Partnerships and Projects, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network