Shopping For a DAM
24 Important Questions to Ask On a DAM Demo
Director of Growth Marketing
3 min read
Preparing to attend a digital asset management demo can help you lead the conversation and truly understand how each vendor can meet your needs. As part of your preparation, it’s important to have a list of questions that you want to be answered over the course of the demo. These questions should reflect your must-haves and what you hope to achieve with your new digital asset management (DAM) system.
In this post, we introduce 24 questions to ask that will help you find your perfect DAM vendor. We highlight questions about:
In order to ensure your questions are answered, it might be a good idea to send these to your vendor ahead of time, so they can tailor your demo to suit your specific needs.
1. What platform does the DAM reside on? (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Private Servers, etc.)
2. Can I select a data center in my area?
3. What operating systems are supported? (PC, Mac, etc.)
4. What types of files do I need to store (videos, photos, 3D files, etc.)? Does the DAM manage and support them?
5. What types of search and filter options are available?
6. What files can I preview in full-screen?
7. What files can I edit within the system?
8. What types of metadata can I tag my assets with?
9. Am I able to control asset versions?
10. How intuitive is the system? Will all necessary users be able to use it easily?
11. What asset sharing and transforming options are available (can you change file types and sizes)?
12. How many users do I get with my subscription? What’s the cost per user?
13. How many permission groups are available? Are they customizable?
14. Am I able to restrict specific folders or assets?
15. What integrations are available? Can the vendor’s integrations meet my needs?
16. Do I have access to an Open API?
17. Is there a mobile app available?
18. Does the vendor meet the level of asset security and IT standards my organization requires?
19. What backup/disaster recovery systems are in place? Are my assets stored anywhere else geographically?
20. What relevant compliance and certifications does the vendor have?
21. How often can I reach support? Are there any additional costs?
22. What’s the process for onboarding? How much does it cost?
23. How do I get additional training? What’s the cost per training session?
24. Do I get a dedicated customer success rep?
Time for Your DAM Demo
These questions are just a starting point toward having a successful DAM journey. To maximize the impact of your DAM system by ensuring you select a vendor that can address your unique use case and needs.