We’re hiring our first VP of Engineering here at MediaValet. As one of the world’s leading digital asset management software companies we are excited to welcome a VP who inspires, guides and mentors their teams through mutual respect. Our ideal fit will be a leader that is empathetic, logical, and a problem solver. Someone who is committed to maintaining our team culture, while empowering each of our engineers to strive to be the best at their chosen craft. Currently our team of 30+ engineers offer extensive tech backgrounds from around the world and thrive on discussing emerging and innovative technology. We are looking forward to working with a leader that shares this same passion and nurtures a culture of learning as a team “microculture”.
In this role, you will be part of our Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO. Your goal will be to set and track metrics that will ensure customer and company objectives are met. We’re anticipating that our engineering team will be doubling in size in 2022, so having previous experience hiring, leading and growing teams of 100+ rapidly will be essential. Equally important will be your ability to draw on your past experiences of implementing successful processes that are scalable through rapid growth phases, and will allow for successful execution and delivery of our software. Other tasks and responsibilities will include developing and managing budgets, career advancement plans and metrics for your team.
The skills you’ll want to highlight for us in your resume and cover letter are:
- Past experience leading a team of 100+ engineers through rapid-growth phases
- 10 -15+ years’ experience as an engineer, including a minimum of 5 years in an engineering leadership position
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Caring about culture, and aligning the engineering team
- Proactive problem solving
- Experience with rapid growth and scale
- Experience managing a local team who works remotely, as well as a global team
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and successfully delivering on product roadmaps
- Strong collaboration and team building with leaders and all members of team (our engineers work closely with our product and design teams)
- Excellent organizational and operational skills
We’ve highlighted who would be a fit for us, and to help you decide if we would be the right fit for you, here is what our engineering team looks like. We are:
- Problem solvers - the more outside the box the better
- Empathetic – we care about each other and get along really well
- We look to have fun while working hard and meeting deadlines
- We’re comfortable and thrive being different
- We’re driven by a passion, and are top of game at what we do
- We are collaborative and willing to share thoughts and experiences - both work related, as well as hobby and interests related
- We embrace success and learn from our failures
- We don’t shy away from complex and hard work
- We have attention to detail to a fault
- We all have a voice and aren’t afraid to share our thoughts
- We welcome a difference of opinion, without offending others
- We enjoy working each day, and want to contribute and make a difference
- We want to be a part of something bigger than just a day-to-day job.
MediaValet - is a rapidly growing cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) company that allows marketing and creative teams to easily access and use their rich media (photos, videos, graphics, etc.) from anywhere across the globe. We’re continually recognized as a leader and innovator in the SaaS world – we won Microsoft’s 2020 AI and Machine Learning IMPACT Award, we’re 10 years old and we just graduated to the TSX on June 14th. We’re topping $10M in ARR and $100M market cap. We have a 5-year compound annual growth rate of 53% (in an industry growing 33%), and we're excited to be welcoming our 100th person to the team very shortly(we were 50 in January)!
Please note that our team has complete flexibility to work remotely for as long as they wish. As things continue to evolve with Covid it will be a choice that each person makes for themselves and the safety and well-being of their family. It will not be mandatory at any time now or in the future post Covid that our team be in the office in person.
2022 shows no signs of slowing down! We look forward to hearing from you if what we’ve outlined in this brief description makes you sit forward and think – heck yeah I’d like to be an integral part of their story. I'd like to work with bleeding edge technology and explore being a part of the MediaValet team. Come join us as we continue to rapidly grow and explore all new things DAM in 2022 and beyond- email@example.com