My name is Philippe and I’m the Head of Product here at MediaValet.
A few years ago, we set up shop here on the 5th floor of Homer Street in Yaletown. In five years, we’ve grown from a team of 6 people to over 50. We really hit our stride in 2019 and are now recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in BC. We continue to grow quarter over quarter and have no doubt 2020 is going to our best year yet with what’s on the horizon.
What do we do at MediaValet? We help companies from around the world manage their digital assets. MediaValet is an application suite of cloud-based PaaS services deployed globally on the Azure platform. It includes a fully managed API on top of multiple services including:
- Asset search
- Media processing
- Basic orchestration/event management
- Federated cloud storage
- Identity, authorization and policy management/enforcement
We deliver our applications using a Lean-Agile approach, and pride ourselves on our product, our people and our delivery systems.
Currently, I’m looking for a UX/UI Designer who is eager to put their skills to work for our next and future iterations of our product experience. Why am I looking for someone you ask? Katrina, our current UX Designer extraordinaire, is hanging up her UX hat and heading back to school for a career that is completely out of the tech/software world. We couldn’t be happier for her and wish her much success as she embarks on this next adventure in her career J With her departure quickly approaching, I’m eager to find someone who can help make our visions- reality.
What would you do as a UX Designers?
- You’ll turn product ideas into great user experiences that are intuitive and easy-to-use. You’ll collaborate with product management and engineering to define & implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- You’ll execute all visual design stages from concept (wireframes, storyboards) to final hand-off (high-fidelity design specs) to engineering
- You’ll establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards, while embodying a spirit of empathy for our users’ needs, learning constantly and moving fast.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring a consistent user experience across not just the core product, but also mobile and other application integrations.
Some of the skills required to excel as one of my UX Designers are:
- Demonstrable visual design skills, using industry-standard applications such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- An understanding of composition, colour, imagery and typography
- An understanding and appreciation of the latest UI/UX design concepts and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to give and take feedback graciously
- Previous experience in a design role or demonstrated experience in browser-based applications is a definite asset.
MediaValet’s team is one of the major things that sets us apart from our competition. We’re renown for our individual, team and corporate personality, humour, and spirit. It also helps that were all extremely good at what we do.
If this sounds like a fit with the next steps in your career, I’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthday Off: We all get to take an extra day off the week of our birthday.
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Great Location: Headquartered in Yaletown, there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is shut down between Dec. 25 and the new year.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family friendly.