MediaValet is in search of a Software Development Manager to join our growing team!
As one of the world’s leading Digital Asset Management software providers, we help over 400 customers, including the Jane Goodall Institute, Margaritaville, HelloFresh, and Razor, take control of their digital assets. We’re growing 30% YoY, it’s a great opportunity to play a huge role in our next stage of growth.
MediaValet is a 2022 Great Place to Work®.
We are excited to welcome a Software Development Manager who inspires, guides and mentors their teams through mutual respect. Our ideal fit will be a leader that is empathetic, logical, and a problem solver. Someone who is committed to maintaining our team culture, while empowering each of our engineers to strive to be the best at their chosen craft.
In this role, you will:
- Manage one or more engineering teams composed of Tech Leads and Individual Contributors
- Work cross-functionally with other leaders in Product Management, Design, and Engineering to plan strategy, improve process, and strengthen how our teams collaborate
- Support team members in navigating the full development cycle of our product to ensure their teams are set up for success
- Recommend and implement innovative technologies, tools, and processes to improve the way we work, and help our team incorporate them
- Be part of the Engineering Leadership team and play a key role in executing the product and technology vision of the company
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2+ years of experience in managing multiple software engineering teams, particularly using an Agile process within a SaaS product-focused business
- Have strong experience in data engineering and architecture
- Have previous development experience in C#, Azure, and modern JS frameworks
- Have delivered products via highly automated build pipelines that integrate continuous test-driven development principles with fast delivery iterations
- Have experience managing and growing teams of four or more engineers per team doing cloud-native development on Microsoft and open-source tech stacks
- Have worked as a senior software developer at some point in your career and have a good understanding of what developers need to succeed
- Demonstrate excellent team building, leadership, and 1-on-1 coaching skills
- Be exceptional at managing relationships, whether that is with your team, potential candidates, or a leadership team
- Possess strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Are comfortable with a highly data-driven approach, using DORA metrics and/or similar
- Be a strong oral and written communicator
Okay, now, why Work at MediaValet?
- Stock Options: Along with a highly competitive compensation and total rewards package, all MediaValet employees are granted stock options upon hire.
- Work From Home: It's up to you. We have team members across the globe and help you to set your home office up with a generous stipend. For those in Vancouver, if you want to come into our office in Yaletown, you totally can – at your discretion.
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in the country.
- Birthdays Off: Everyone needs their birthday off to celebrate being them!
- Commitment to Fitness: Everyone gets a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of their choice.
- Great Location: We are headquartered in the historic Yaletown district of Vancouver, Canada; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around; and it’s close to transit.
- Home for the Holidays: We shut down operations between December 25th and January 1st every year to allow people to spend time with their families (and not use up vacation time) - and have done so since MediaValet was founded in 2010.
- Family Focused: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly and have the parental supports and leave programs to back that up.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion: Our diverse backgrounds, skills, abilities and experiences make us stronger. We work hard to make MediaValet a place where everyone is valued, heard and respected with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council leading the way.
Come join us as we continue to rapidly grow and explore all new things DAM in 2023 and beyond! [email protected]