My name is Jean and I’m the CTO of MediaValet. When we started MediaValet, we pioneered in cloud-based Digital Asset Management as a pure, born-in-the-cloud, DAM SaaS solution and we’re now a leader in this space. After making our mark in the Cloud DAM space, we are pioneering again on the edge with CreativeSPACES™.
The MediaValet CreativeSPACES™ team is growing! CreativeSPACES is an edge computing solution designed specifically to address the challenges faced by high-volume creative production teams. It provides a high-performance hybrid cloud and on-premise Digital and Creative Asset Management system that is in high-demand right now given the shift to work-from-home is becoming the new normal for creatives.
What do we do?
MediaValet helps marketing and creative teams easily produce, manage, collaborate on and distribute their digital assets and content. In simpler terms, MediaValet:
- enables entire organizations access to relevant digital/marketing assets when their employees need them
- empowers our customers’ partners/channels with the content they need to promote and sell our customers’ products and services
- provides our customer’s target audience with the right content at the right time to provide meaningful visual experiences to deliver our customers’ intended message to their markets
Who will you work with?
You will be an integral part of the Product Engineering Group at MediaValet. This group is composed of several teams with CreativeSPACES being one of these teams. Every team is a very tightly-knit group of developers working hand-in-hand with a product manager delivering software the lean-agile way. Once you meet the team, you will see that there is a high sense of ownership, technical excellence, passion towards providing the best customer experience and delivering the best quality of software possible. We all see software development as “our craft”. If you view software development the same way, we want you!
What will you be doing?
You will be a playing a key role in continuously developing and improving the capabilities of CreativeSPACES to be the ultimate hybrid on-prem/cloud creative asset management solution in the market. Together with the team, you will be developing edge services on .NET Core 3.1 that work with MediaValet’s APIs on the Azure PaaS cloud and also leverage the local and on-prem filesystems (APFS & NTFS) and services such as SMB/CIFS. In addition to coding, you will also be working on feature scoping/planning/grooming, technical design, documentation, peer reviews, infosec initiatives relating to the product, mentoring and debugging/troubleshooting as the need arises. You will also be doing research and spikes when new tech needs to be implemented and socializing technical knowledge internally within your team and other teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Senior level development experience in C# .NET or .NET Core
- WebAPI development – REST provider and consumer
- Frontend development experience in React
- Good understanding of filesystems and services (local, server and cloud)
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, Single sign-on, OpenID Connect, JWT
- Worked with Git and is familiar with Git workflows
- An understanding of Design Patterns and practical implementations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Team-oriented, results-based attitude and work ethic.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Abstract thought - modeling, design, problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in a Lean-Agile software development environment
Ideally, you also:
- Possess solid understanding of asynchronous and event-based programming using observables through the use of packages such as Reactive Extensions for .NET.
- Have good working knowledge of application state management using MobX
- Understand what design systems are and use of tools such as Storybook
- Experience with load/performance testing
- Demonstrate the ability work as part of a team to achieve common goals in support of quality products.
- Continue to gain further knowledge of technical concepts outside of training and scope of work.
- Have the desire to learn new technologies and possess an overall passion for technology.
- Have the ability to articulate your ideas in meetings by using both a technical and non-technical vocabulary.
- Organize your workload efficiently by identifying priorities and handling shifting needs.
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthday Off: We all get to take an extra day off the week of our birthday.
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Work-from-home: We provide an allowance to help employees with their work from home office setup.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is shut down between Dec. 25 and the new year.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family friendly.
Please introduce yourself by sharing a cover letter and a copy of your resume to [email protected]