MediaValet is looking for our next Senior Product Designer to join our Design team! MediaValet is a cloud-based digital asset management platform that helps Marketing and Creative teams across all industries easily manage, collaborate on, and distribute their digital content. With unlimited users, support, and training, MediaValet is fast and easy to use. It's trusted by leading brands like Experian, Margaritaville, Brand USA and TDIndustries.
You might be our next Senior Product Designer if you are an out-of-the-box thinker who has the mindset the bigger the challenge, the more exciting the opportunity! The Senior Product Designer will strive to understand our customers’ needs to create solutions that improve our users’ experiences and will play an important part in our design process, as well as inspiring and mentoring our junior designers.
To be successful in this role, you:
- Are organized, and have an eye for detail and consistency
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, multi-project environment
- Are open to giving and receiving feedback to grow yourself as a designer and better the team
- Have the ability to communicate concepts and thought processes clearly, so that our team goals are achieved.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the User Experience of new and existing features across both web and mobile platforms
- Understand user's behaviours, their needs and wants, by conducting research, testing or data analysis
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- Participate and influence the design decisions for DAM that make a direct impact to our clients
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders to shape features’ UI and UX requirements
- Work closely the Product Design team to craft a robust and cohesive experience for our users
- Contribute to shaping up processes and initiatives that support ongoing, positive, scalable solution
- Practice empathy and the ability to actively listen and consider other people’s points of view.
- Stay current with visual design technologies, applications, and industry trends
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of designing SaaS products and experiences
- A portfolio of past projects that demonstrate your passion and knowledge in designing for B2B and SaaS, and highlights both process and final design solutions
- The ability to work autonomously, and lead by example
- A deep understanding of business metrics, and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- A deep understanding of User Experience, User Research, Accessibility, UI design, and Design System,
- A solid foundation in delivering designs and documents that are simple, informative, and filled with craftsmanship and attention to detail
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities to effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic agile environment
Okay, now, why Work at MediaValet?
- Stock Options: Along with a highly competitive compensation and total rewards package, all MediaValet employees are granted stock options upon hire.
- Work From Home It's up to you. We have team members across the globe and help you to set your home office up with a generous stipend. For those in Vancouver, if you want to come into our office in Yaletown, you totally can – at your discretion.
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in the country.
- Birthdays Off: Everyone needs their birthday off to celebrate being them 🥳
- Commitment to Fitness: Everyone gets a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of their choice
- Great Location: We are headquartered in the historic Yaletown district of Vancouver, Canada; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around; and it’s close to transit.
- Home for the Holidays: We shut down operations between December 25th and January 1st every year to allow people to spend time with their families (and not use up vacation time) - and have done so since MediaValet was founded in 2010.
- Family Focused: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly and have the parental supports and leave programs to back that up.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion: Our diverse backgrounds, skills, abilities and experiences make us stronger. We work hard to make MediaValet a place where everyone is valued, heard and respected with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council leading the way.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please share your cover letter and resume with us at [email protected]