My name is Philippe and I’m the Head of Product Design here at MediaValet. On the chance that you haven’t heard of us before, here’s a little bit about who we are and what we do:
MediaValet is a rapidly growing cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) company that allows marketing and creative teams to easily access and use their rich media (photos, videos, graphics, etc.) from anywhere across the globe. We’re continually recognized as a leader and innovator in the SaaS world - in fact, we recently won Microsoft’s 2020 AI and Machine Learning IMPACT Award, and we were recognized as the 68th fastest growing SaaS organization in the world in SaaS Mag’s SaaS 1000 list! In the past year alone we’ve grown 102%. We are rapidly growing and evolving from a small start-up of 50 people to a 100-person team by the end of 2021.
MediaValet is known for being a pioneer in the DAM industry, and while 2020 threw a bit of a curveball, we adapted, evolved and are busier than ever. Goodbye 2020, hello 2021! It’s going to be an exciting year for our team. In the first quarter of 2021, we’ve hired 4 Product Managers, and we’re excited to complement that expertise in the weeks to come with a team of Senior and Intermediate Product Designers.
Our ideal Senior Product Designer will be an outside-the-box type thinker, that has the mindset: the bigger the challenge, the more exciting the opportunity! My team strives to understand our customers’ needs to create solutions that improve our users’ experiences. We work closely with our in-house development team, as well as with our remote teams from around the world. Our Senior Product Designer will play an important part in our development process, as well as inspiring and mentoring our junior designers.
From start to launch, my team thrives and welcomes an environment that offers plenty of feedback and communication. With deliveries on a daily basis, one of the most important skills to have is the ability to communicate concepts and thought processes clearly, so that our team goals are achieved.
On a weekly basis, you can anticipate that you’ll be working on a variety of projects. Our customers span a multitude of industries, so demonstrating how you’ve worked with global companies and industries in your cover letter is imperative information to share with us. Also be sure to highlight how you’ve proactively led improvements in designs, processes and tools that support ongoing, positive, scalable solutions.
When considering this opportunity, you’ll want to have the following experience:
- 5+ years of designing digital products, ideally in SaaS design
- A portfolio of past projects that demonstrate your passion and knowledge in designing for B2B and SaaS, and highlights both process and final design solutions
- Business know-how, with a clear understanding of business metrics, and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- A clear understanding of design systems and patterns, while also staying aware of technological feasibility
- A solid foundation in delivering designs and documents that are simple, informative, and filled with craftsmanship and attention to detail
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities to effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic agile environment
If this sounds like a fit with what you’re looking for, please share a copy of your portfolio that demonstrates your UX design and problem-solving abilities, as well as a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthdays Off: Just as it sounds 🙂
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Great Location: Headquartered in Yaletown; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is closed between December 25th and January 1st.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly
- Covid-19 Policy: Health for our team and their families is our number one priority. Each person on the team will decide for themselves (when the time comes) when they are ready to return to the office.