My name is Jean and I’m the CTO of MediaValet. When we started MediaValet, we pioneered in cloud-based Digital Asset Management as a pure, born-in-the-cloud, DAM SaaS solution. Being a leader in the Cloud DAM space, we need to continuously innovate by introducing machine learning capabilities and build architectural runway to scale and perform well even with the massive workloads of enterprise customers.
MediaValet’s Cloud DAM teams have multiple openings for senior backend cloud developers who have experience in building complex, event-driven, distributed applications on Microsoft Azure’s PaaS cloud. We practice Domain Driven Design (DDD) and use CQRS and implement a microservices approach to platform development.
What do we do?
MediaValet helps marketing and creative teams easily produce, manage, collaborate on and distribute their digital assets and content. In simpler terms, MediaValet:
- enables entire organizations access to relevant digital/marketing assets when their employees need them
- empowers our customers’ partners/channels with the content they need to promote and sell our customers’ products and services
- provides our customer’s target audience with the right content at the right time to provide meaningful visual experiences to deliver our customers’ intended message to their markets
Who will you work with?
You will be an integral part of the Product Engineering Group at MediaValet. This group is composed of several teams such as Core DAM, Video and Image Intelligence (Machine Learning), Identity & Access Management, Distribution, CreativeSPACES, Integrations etc. Every team is a very tightly-knit group of developers working hand-in-hand with a product manager delivering software the lean-agile way. Once you meet the team, you will see that there is a high sense of ownership, technical excellence, passion towards providing the best customer experience and delivering the best quality of software possible. We all see software development as “our craft”. If you view software development the same way, we want you!
What will you be doing?
You will be playing a senior role in one of the Core DAM team, Identity and Access Management or in the Video and Image Intelligence team. The Core DAM team is responsible for building the Digital Asset Management platform that can scale to meet the needs of enterprise customers each having millions of media assets. The API and all the underlying microservices in Azure Service Fabric are build using C# .NET. These microservices work with various Azure PaaS services such as Azure Storage, Search, CosmosDB, Media Services, KeyVault etc. The Identity and Access Management team has developed and is constantly iterating on OAuth 2.0, OpendID Connect and SAML in providing Single Sign-on to meet the needs of various enterprise customers. For Image and Video Intelligence, we use Azure Cognitive Services for both packaged and guided machine learning. In short, you’ll be doing really hard-core C#, .Net and Azure development.
In addition, you will also be working on feature scoping/planning/grooming, technical design, documentation, peer reviews, infosec initiatives relating to the product, mentoring and debugging/troubleshooting as the need arises. You will also be doing research and spikes when new tech needs to be implemented and socializing technical knowledge internally within your team and other teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Senior level development experience in C# .NET / .NET Core
- Experience in Azure PaaS Cloud development using core services such as Azure Storage, App Services, Service Bus
- Previous cloud-based microservices experience
- WebAPI development – REST web services
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, Single sign-on, OpenID Connect, JWT
- Worked with Git and is familiar with Git workflows
- A solid understanding of OOP, OOD and Design Patterns and their practical implementations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Team-oriented, results-based attitude and work ethic.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Abstract thought - modelling, design, problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in a Lean-Agile software development environment
Ideally, you also:
- Understand or have previous experience with Domain Driven Design
- Have previous experience working with CQRS/ES
- Worked with Azure Service Fabric or container orchestration
- Have experience with load/performance testing
- Demonstrate the ability work as part of a team to achieve common goals in support of quality products.
- Continue to gain further knowledge of technical concepts outside of training and scope of work.
- Have the desire to learn new technologies and possess an overall passion for technology.
- Have the ability to articulate your ideas in meetings by using both a technical and non-technical vocabulary.
- Organize your workload efficiently by identifying priorities and handling shifting needs.
And you will definitely hit the ground running if you have any these:
- A good understanding of various OAuth 2.0 flows
- A practical understanding of machine learning concepts
- Experience with image conversion, document processing and/or video transcoding using industry standard software tooling
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthday Off: We all get to take an extra day off the week of our birthday.
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Work-from-home: We provide an allowance to help employees with their work from home office setup.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is shut down between Dec. 25 and the new year.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family friendly.
Please introduce yourself by sharing a cover letter and a copy of your resume to [email protected]