MediaValet is in search of a Senior Accountant to join our growing team!
As one of the world’s leading Digital Asset Management software providers, we help over our customers, including the Jane Goodall Institute, Margaritaville, HelloFresh, and Razor, take control of their digital assets. We’re growing 30% YoY – and it’s a great opportunity to play a huge role in our next stage of growth.
MediaValet is a certified Great Place to Work®.
As our Senior Accountant you will be an integral part of our Finance team. You’ll be supporting Director of Finance with all accounting duties (including, daily, monthly and our yearly audit).
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the preparation of internal and external financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS and company policies.
- Manage full accounting cycle (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger), including review and oversight of an Accountant team member.
- Support the Director of Finance in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes, that include related public company filings for MediaValet.
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Complete periodic filings PST, GST, WorkSafe filings.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes, including working with department heads on operational cost plans and analyzing budget to actual performance.
- Prepare and maintain various ad-hoc reports, and schedules (Line of Credit Compliance reporting, IFRS schedules).
- Support the annual audit process, including preparing audit schedules and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of internal controls and processes to improve efficiency and reduce risk, and the testing of controls and reporting on compliance.
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects and analysis as required.
What you bring:
- Accounting Degree, Diploma or Certificate
- Experience with Intacct Sage, Intuit QuickBooks, or Salesforce
- 3 + years of accounting experience
- CPA designation or equivalent, or near completion of CPA or equivalent designation
- Strong analytical, task, and detail-oriented skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with PowerBI or equivalent dashboard/BI tool would be a definite asset
Who You Are:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Desire and capacity to learn new things
- Constantly questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stock Options: Along with a highly competitive compensation and total rewards package, all MediaValet employees are granted stock options upon hire.
- Work From Home: It's up to you. We have team members across the globe and help you to set your home office up with a generous stipend. For those in Vancouver, if you want to come into our office in Yaletown, you totally can – at your discretion.
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in the country.
- Birthdays Off: Everyone needs their birthday off to celebrate being them!
- Commitment to Fitness: Everyone gets a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of their choice.
- Great Location: We are headquartered in the historic Yaletown district of Vancouver, Canada; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around; and it’s close to transit.
- Home for the Holidays: We shut down operations between December 25th and January 1st every year to allow people to spend time with their families (and not use up vacation time) - and have done so since MediaValet was founded in 2010.
- Family Focused: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly and have the parental supports and leave programs to back that up.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion: Our diverse backgrounds, skills, abilities and experiences make us stronger. We work hard to make MediaValet a place where everyone is valued, heard and respected with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council leading the way.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please share your cover letter and resume with us at [email protected]