We're looking for an experienced Partner Manager to join our Business Development & Partnerships team. They will be the first senior hire into the team, an important player in the organization and will support the Head of Global Strategic Partnerships in developing and implementing the organization’s global partnership approach to partner engagement and revenue generation. This role will contribute significantly to MediaValet’s growth by expanding the partner channel, as well as growing the suite of value-added services available to our customers through partnerships.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, recruiting and leading exploratory discussions with potential new partners for new programs and initiatives;
- Managing the business development cycle for partnerships that align with MediaValet’s strategic objectives;
- Managing and maintaining existing relationships with current partners and serving as the direct, day-to-day point of contact & SME for partners;
- Communicating and collaborating with a broad range of internal stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) and helping define the Go-to-Market strategy with partners;
- Evaluating partner opportunities and presenting recommendations to the Head of Global Strategic Partnerships;
- Monitoring and managing the success of each partner account and supporting their client relationships by advising on MediaValet’s solutions & services;
- Supporting MediaValet in the research, identification and segmentation of business opportunities with partners to increase the awareness and revenue of MediaValet;
- Establishing an understanding of the shared business objectives in order to build a strategic plan for these partners and match these objectives with MediaValet’s product offerings to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Leading new partner onboarding and enablement to ensure the shortest possible time for new partners to generate revenue;
- Working closely with MediaValet’s partner marketing team to help define, design, manage and execute co-marketing campaigns with MediaValet partners that show high growth potential; and
- Highlighting behaviors and key trends in the designated market.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant partnership management/development work experience
- Strong track record of producing measurable results, ideally delivering and growing partner revenue year over year
- Ability to build account plans & execute these plans for each partner
- Versatility and ability to adapt quickly to new MediaValet product development and emerging trends in the partner ecosystem as we scale our program
- Business, marketing or another relevant bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience managing technology partnerships, SI, VAR, etc. for a B2B SaaS product is highly desired
- Experience and/or knowledge in Marketing, Creative Operations or Product Marketing preferred
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, and eager to learn
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mentality
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and organize a range of competing projects and tasks in a dynamic environment, based on potential impact
- Ability to create deep and lasting commercial relationships
- Excellent communicator and presenter with strong analytical/reporting skills
- Strong opinions, loosely held: You can come to the table with a clear and vetted point of view, but can shift that view in light of new data
- Able to compare various forms of data with a qualitative market perspective and strong business instincts to frame a new opportunity and prioritize it for implementation
- Must be authorized to travel to the USA and internationally
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office 365 productivity suite and work management software (eg. Wrike)
- Proficiency with managing all aspects of CRM related accountabilities with Salesforce.com
What to Expect
- Expect to bring your business development/partnership experience and hit the ground running to help us scale faster
- Expect to be given a high degree of trust, autonomy and responsibility from the get-go
- Expect to fully own your partners and be accountable for every aspect of your business with them
- Expect to be excited about going to work every day
- Expect to be challenged to move mountains and supported in every way needed to do so
- Don't expect that we have everything figured out just yet
- Don't expect unnecessary "check-ins"
- Expect to have to roll up your sleeves - we’re building something amazing and it’s not easy!
- Expect high expectations
MediaValet is a rapidly growing cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) company that allows marketing and creative teams to easily access and use their rich media (photos, videos, graphics, etc.) from anywhere across the globe. We’re continually recognized as a leader and innovator in the SaaS world - in fact, we recently won Microsoft’s 2020 AI and Machine Learning IMPACT Award, and we were recognized as the 68th fastest growing SaaS organization in the world in SaaS Mag’s SaaS 1000 list! In the past year alone we’ve grown 102%. We are rapidly growing and evolving from a small start-up of 50 people to a 100 person team by the end of 2021.
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthdays Off: Just as it sounds 🙂
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Great Location: Headquartered in Yaletown; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is closed between December 25th and January 1st.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly
- Covid-19 Policy: Health for our team and their families is our number one priority. Each person on the team will decide for themselves (when the time comes) when they are ready to return to the office.