My name is Vincent and I’m the Senior Manager of Accounting and Finance here at MediaValet. With people and organizations adjusting to working from home, enterprise cloud systems have never been so important. This new norm has made our software more essential than ever before, which means rapid growth and new hires on our team!
If you’re not familiar with MediaValet, we’re a cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) company that allows marketing and creative teams to easily access and use their rich media (photos, videos, graphics, etc.) from anywhere across the globe. We’re continually recognized as a leader and innovator in the SaaS world – we recently won Microsoft’s 2020 AI and Machine Learning IMPACT Award, and we were recognized as the 68th fastest growing SaaS organization in the world in SaaS Mag’s SaaS 1000 list!
As the Senior Manager of our Accounting and Finance team, I work alongside our senior executives, Sales and Customer Success teams, and, of course, our customers. It’s my job to ensure all things finance related are taken care of daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
With our continued rapid growth this year, we will be expanding the team to include an Intermediate Accountant. What does it take to be successful on my team? You must have a can-do attitude, be organized and detail-oriented, not shy away from hard work, and be ready to be engaged with all things finance and accounting every day. My team is a fantastic place to lay the foundation for your career in finance.
Our offices are based in Vancouver, BC, but we’re currently working remotely due to Covid-19. Despite this, our company culture is still paramount. We like to celebrate as a team (even if it means a Zoom beer, for now).
I hope to hear from you soon 🙂
Vincent (and the best DAM team)
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthdays Off: Just as it sounds 🙂
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Great Location: Headquartered in Yaletown; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is closed between December 25th and January 1st.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly
- Covid: Health for our team and their families is our number one priority. Each person on the team will decide for themselves (when the time comes) when they are ready to return to the office.
As our Intermediate Accountant, you will be an integral part of our accounting team. You’ll be supporting the Senior Manager of Accounting and Finance with all accounting and administrative duties (including, daily, monthly and our yearly audit).
- Enter bank transactions and ensure bank accounts reconcile
- Full cycle accounts payable (Entering invoices into system, getting invoice approvals, and generating cheques or EFT’s/wire transfers)
- Entering credit cards entries into Quickbooks
- Full cycle accounts receivable (Generate billings, enter into system, follow up on collections)
- Prepare and maintain working papers for a variety of balance sheet accounts (including Bank recs, Fixed Assets, Prepaids and Accrued Liabilities)
- Ensure all assigned reconciliations and reports are completed in accordance with close deadlines
- Complete periodic PST, GST, EHT filings
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Assist and input on various projects (System upgrades, process improvements, misc. projects)
- Other tasks, as required
Month End Responsibilities:
- Assigned journal entries
- Assigned account reconciliations
- Assist in maintaining monthly analysis schedules
- Assist in the completion of month-end financial reports
What You Bring
- Accounting Degree, Diploma or Certificate
- 2 + years of accounting experience
- Enrolled in the CPA or other equivalent program
- You are detail-oriented and able to spot errors
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficient with the use of excel, formulas, pivot tables, workbooks and linking
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks Online
Who You Are:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Desire and capacity to learn new things
- Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen
- Constantly asks questions about the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills