MediaValet's Professional Services team helps clients get a high return on investment and increased adoption by applying best practices and executing projects that require niche expertise.
The MediaValet Professional Services team is looking for a DAM Taxonomist Consultant for a client project. The client is a nonprofit with ties to the African-American community. The successful candidate will have expertise in US Civil Rights history as well as boxing and baseball.
Responsibilities include cataloging assets using best practices and metadata standards appropriate for the material, managing the project's day-to-day in the client's stead, and developing an ingest workflow to ensure accurately tagged assets once the project is complete. The DAM Taxonomist will be the single point of contact for the client regarding the project and will be responsible for ensuring the project is on-track and keeping the client updated as needed. The client's assets include many photographs of civil rights leaders and sports figures who were prominent members of the African-American community during the 1940s-1970s and the taxonomist will be expected to identify and tag these folks.
This is a part-time project with an expected workload of 15-20 hours per week. The project is expected to last 3-5 months and there is an opportunity for additional work with other clients. The role is a direct consultant position and provides 1099 (not W-2) taxable income.
● Knowledge of civil rights figures and events as well as the ability to identify boxers and baseball players from the 1940s-1970s
● Demonstrated experience with DAM including metadata management and cataloging, converting, migrating, and bulk uploading of digital assets into a DAM
● Familiarity with best practices for DAM management, rollouts, integrations, and workflows as well as metadata management and governance
● Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact well with both technical and non-technical colleagues as well as general users
● Superb written, verbal, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
● Empathy for non-technical end users
● Effective at meeting deadlines, adjusting priorities, and working on multiple projects simultaneously
● Familiarity with a wide range of DAM features, such as AI tagging, rendering, integrations with collaboration and creative software, and automated upload
● Active in the DAM community and aware of current DAM trends
● At least 5 years of experience with DAM
● Experience working with software teams, either internal or vendors
● Experience with MediaValet
What is it like to consult for MediaValet?
The MediaValet Professional Services team includes consultants with various backgrounds across the DAM and information professional fields. Our consultants enjoy:
- A wide range of clients - we work with higher education, sports teams, nonprofits, media and entertainment companies, industrial, e-commerce, and many other types of organizations of all sizes
- Interesting projects - we support many types of workflows and integrations for a wide range of asset types
- A community of DAM professionals
- Less red tape - we handle the contracts and sourcing clients so our consultants can focus on the work
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please share your cover letter and resume with us at [email protected]