With people and organizations adjusting to working from home, enterprise cloud systems have never been so important. The new norm of working-from-home has meant our software is more essential than ever before. What does this mean? Rapid growth and new hires!
If you don’t know about MediaValet, we’re a cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) company that allows marketing and creative teams to easily access and use their rich media (photos, videos, graphics, etc.) from anywhere across the globe. We’re continually recognized as a leader and innovator in the SaaS world – we even recently won Microsoft’s 2020 AI and Machine Learning IMPACT Award, and were recognized as the 68th fastest growing SaaS organization in the world in SaaS Mag’s SaaS 1000 list!
As Head of Business Development, my team and I work alongside our awesome sales team to help educate companies about our software. It’s our job to source new opportunities for the sales team through active and consistent prospecting. What does it take to be successful? Hard work, consistency, technical knowledge and a wonderful personality 😊
Our CEO, David McLaren, described the work from the business development team as the ‘lifeblood of the organization”, so your work will certainly be held in high regard. In the last two years our BDR’s have been promoted to Management, Account Executives and Customer Success roles; so our team is a fantastic place to lay the foundations for your career.
BDR’s on my team are charismatic, knowledgeable, hard-working and extremely organized. They are successful, because each day they:
- Research the market for new business opportunities
- Pinpoint individuals whose team would benefit from a DAM system
- Use sales engagement tools to market our software to these individuals.
- Cold call approximately 50 prospects per day, via phone, email and personalized video touches
- Set up meetings between the qualified opportunities and an Account Executive from MediaValet.
Our offices are based in Vancouver, BC, but for the right person, we’re also open to remote work (with the option to transition to an office environment over time). Our office is temporarily closed due to Covid-19, but despite all this, company culture is paramount. We win more than we lose, and like to celebrate as a team (even if it means a Zoom beer, for now 😊).
Check out our career page for more information - https://www.mediavalet.com/our-careers/
I hope to hear from you soon 🙂
Billy (and the best DAM team)
Why Work at MediaValet?
- Top Health and Benefits Plan: We work hard to ensure we have one of the best health and benefits plans in Vancouver.
- Holidays in the Office: From office decorating to costume contests, we love to work hard and play hard all year round!
- Birthdays Off: Just as it sounds 🙂
- Commitment to Fitness: We each get a monthly allowance towards the fitness activity of our choice.
- Great Location: Headquartered in Yaletown; there’s plenty of food, shops and walkable areas around.
- Home for the Holidays: The entire office is shut down between December 25thand January 1st.
- Family: We’re committed to providing a career that’s family-friendly.